This blog follows my journey as a student in the Geographic Information Science Online Certificate program at the University of West Florida. Laying a visual path from beginner to graduate, I invite you to share in my adventures.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Week 2 - Own Your Map
This week we were given a handful of datasets and directions for building a basic map. The focus was exploring tools and options within ArcMap to assist us in creating a functional and attractive map. Adding data, manipulating essential elements, renaming layers, and making color choices were all included. We also took a look at ArcCatalog and metadata, as well as file paths and data management. I did find some design aspects of ArcMap frustrating, for example "nudging" an object and zoom/scaling abilities (these frustrations may be resolved as I learn more about the program). I left the graphic design field years ago to pursue more outdoor oriented work, however I still enjoy the "problem-solving" process in creative pursuits, whether the output is functional, for fun, or both!
Labels:
GIS4043
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment