For our lab assignment, we used three data frames with three different projected coordinate systems to compare the differences in area (sq miles) of four FL counties. We had to ensure that the scale was the same between each data frame for the scale bar to be accurate as well as build a table of some kind to highlight the differences in area for the counties. I picked a simple color scheme, set the scale the same between each data frame, and built my legend into my comparison table to reduce redundancy. As I was able to walk step by step through the lab in terms of using the Project tool and redefining coordinate systems, it didn't seem too bad. I am sure it will be trickier as we progress to choosing and defining map projections on our own.
![]() |
| Map comparing three different projection coordinate systems and resulting differences in county areas. |

No comments:
Post a Comment