This is the final course in my Online Graduate Certificate program with UWF. During this course we will be learning more about the diverse world of GIS as it relates to employment and careers, including GIS in education, defense, and business to name a few. Also required is the completion of 130 learning hours, whether those experiences come from an internship or ESRI web courses. I previously completed 30 of those hours during my work as a Mapping Technician for the Roy Hyatt Environmental Center (RHEC). As not all students are able to secure an internship, for various reasons, an option has been provided by our department to complete ESRI web courses in lieu of a "live" internship. This is the path I will be following as I recently moved and am still researching and applying for internships in the southern Maryland area. While blog posts are not required this semester, I will be adding posts from time to time on coursework we complete or other relevant information.
Kicking the semester off, we jumped right into creating a GIS focused resume. As much of my outdoor education work has been seasonal over the years, I am well versed in writing resumes. This time though, I focused more on my current education, class projects, and general transferrable skills and scaled back the details of my previous professional experience. I also updated my LinkedIn profile to reflect my RHEC internship and coursework. Then I applied to a few internships!
No comments:
Post a Comment